Our mission is to inspire, engage, and empower children’s (and guardian’s) behavioral competencies by helping build lifelong relationship skills and self worth through our award winning How To Be Good materials.
All our behavior education materials have a strong foundation in Social & Emotional Learning (SEL) to help improve self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making.
Topics include manners, social skills, good citizenship, important child safety information, knowing how to deal with bullying, conflict resolution and other life skills.
This business is owned by Internet Consulting, Inc. & Lauren Alexa Weiner (and some of our amazing staff) – it is founded on the premise to help children have fun while learning proper social behavior. Persons with social and safety skills have a strong foundation in life to do well and feel good about who they are. We feel there is no better way to invest time, efforts and resources than to help the children of this world – we love our work and hope you enjoy the fruits of our labors.
Be proactive not reactive!
A significant amount of a person’s behavioral foundation is formulated by the age of eight. Many parents (and guardians) are not positive reinforcement behavior education experts and/or don’t have the time or expertise to put together the process or materials that resonate with their children/students. ChildrensBehaviorEducation.com and How To Be Good For Santa, Inc. expertly solves this problem.
The products break through behavioral learning barriers using wonderful water-colored animal illustrations and fun kid-friendly materials which makes learning proper social behavior fun.
Materials are designed to educate children on hundreds of home and school behaviors (and growing).
In addition to helping coach individual behaviors, there is strong consistent messaging to be good because it is the right thing to do, not because anyone else is watching. To treat others as you want to be treated, and just because others make mistakes it is not a reason to act improperly in return.
Materials are available in Santa and Polite Polly the Parrot branding (for educational purposes and guardians that don’t want to use the Santa theme). Both sets are specifically designed with hand illustrated water-colored animal characters (not holiday themed) to be used year-round at home or in academic settings.
The Business Idea
When Lauren Alexa Weiner was only seven years old, she was building a bookstore on a SIM’s game. Jordan T. Weiner, her devoted and supportive father, asked her the name of the book titles she created. As she listed a stream of great titles, one stuck out, her flash of genius–How To Be Good For Santa. And the business concept was born.
What child doesn’t want to know how to be good for Santa? And what guardian doesn’t want their child to know how to behave good and wouldn’t purchase award winning easy to use behavior education materials designed by top educators of children? … as long as the materials truly resonated with the kids and genuinely help educate on important life skills.
When Lauren turned twelve and became interested in starting a business to earn money and start preparing to get into college we invested significant time, efforts, and resources to bring the business idea to fruition.
Jordan T. Weiner, co-founder (and also the owner of Internet Consulting, Inc. per how this business was able to overcome the tremendous financial commitment needed to produce and market award winning materials) on-boarded behavioral therapists and specialists, top children educators, illustrators, authors, graphic artists, content/copy writers, educational consultants, video experts, social media specialists and other professionals.
A core goal of Jordan co-founding Lauren’s idea was teaching her real business skills in starting, growing, and maintaining a business. What better way than to build a business that helps children build life skills and self worth! (And many guardians might hone their social skills as well – lol)
Process & Products
Products work in synchronization and are perfect for home and school settings, as well as being portable for on the go or when children are in the care of other guardians.
Many parents these days are juggling work, family, recreation, and other things that result in their child(ren) being in the care of other guardians. Our products help parents facilitate universal proper social guidance across all guardians to help ensure positive reinforcement is being used (verses the alternatives).
Providing consistent messaging and behavioral coaching for addressing needed behavior improvement is now fun and easy.
Simply explain a behavior (or let the child pick one from the hundreds of behaviors listed in the sticker book), explain what the child needs to do to earn the sticker, then award the custom Gold Star Behavior Education Reward Sticker when the child shows they know and use the proper behavior. There are hundreds of proper behaviors detailed in the How To Be Good Behavior Education Sticker Book 1 (and if there isn’t already a sticker for the desired behavior there are “create your own sticker templates” that make it fast and easy to customize the reward stickers to any desired behavior – if you do run across behaviors that are not in our materials please email us the details… we truly listen to our customers and genuinely crowd source for the ongoing successful evolution of our materials!).
There are also fun flashcards, picture books, and activity books so the kids can have fun while learning proper behaviors.
- Free Goal Planning Worksheets & Behavior Tracking Charts, Lesson Plans & Templates, Helpful Behavior Education Tips, Important Child Safety Worksheets and more These material ensure that children understand and are accountable for behavior goals.
- Free Personalized Letters from Santa. Why pay for personalized Santa letters when you can get them for no charge? In addition to helping guardians save money and use these letters as an ongoing behavior education resource we wanted underprivileged children to be able receive them as well!
- How To Be Good Behavior Education Sticker Book Because children love stickers, we created over 900 stickers for home, school and community behaviors. Stickers should be earned, not just given to play with. The stickers sync perfectly with the worksheets and practice materials. They are easy to use and children eagerly learn proper social behavior to earn the Gold Star Reward Stickers.In addition to custom stickers this book provides guardians with helpful tips and tools designed by behavioral therapists and top educators for children. Topics include: listening skills (page 14), conflict resolution (page 18), understanding Social & Emotional Learning (page 30), group behaviors (page 38), how to be an Upstander (page 40), Addressing cyberbullies, haters and problem provokers (page 46), understanding incentives versus bribes (page 54), easy to use lesson plans and lesson plan templates (pages 34 & 35), and much more!
- Flashcards Sets Each flashcard includes an individual behavior lesson, wonderful character(s), expertly written real life words and actions to use for good behavior, and flashcards to educate children about reacting well even when others are acting badly.
- Coloring & Doodling Books, Activity/Game Books, and How To Draw Activity Books Kids love to color, doodle, play games, and draw. Children learn while they play.
- Picture Books Our books are designed to teach skills for various behaviors. We started with Apollo’s Apology, a wonderful fun story about Apollo the Ape learning to treat others the same as he wants to be treated. He learns the importance of being aware of other people’s feelings and property and to “apologize when you do something wrong so you can start fresh and get along.”
Our materials are for all children (gifted, average or with disabilities). They are a Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS), they are Tier 1 and Teir 2 intervention support tools to help students struggling with proper social behavior which support the philosophy of restorative practices.
Products are sold separately or receive a 50% discount when ordering one of the “How To Be Good Kits.”
Our goal is to use crowdsourcing to continue to evolve the characters and products ensuring we build interactive materials that address our customer wants/needs. We are not looking for perfection. We have professional illustrators and authors that will take the best of the best ideas and integrate them into our How To Be Good materials. Our ongoing contests have no entry fees. Both children and adults are eligible for entry. Valuable prizes will be awarded to contestants that are first to share great ideas used in our materials. Join our Create A Character Contest now!
In addition, everyone can be a winner by having their character being made into a Budsies custom plush animal or doll for a very reasonable fee!
We also sponsor and ongoing Create A Character and Author A Behavioral Story Contests. Top new behavioral story-lines are eligible for valuable prizes (if chosen to be used in How To Be Good materials).
In addition, for a very reasonable fee, everyone can be a winner by having their story-line made into a custom cartoon by The Peanut Gallery! The Peanut Gallery will also turn any jokes or social media funny stories into custom cartoons.
In addition to selling individual products and our “kits” we offer event development programs for needy organizations, retail/wholesale, and re-seller opportunities. If you are ethical to the highest degree and genuinely want to help children and guardians – we will work out the details with you so you can earn revenues while helping others.
Jordan T. Weiner
Loving Father & Co-Founder
How To Be Good For Santa, Inc. &